Through Norway’s International Climate & Forests Initiative (NICFI), users can now access Planet’s high-resolution, analysis-ready mosaics of the world’s tropics in order to help reduce and reverse the loss of tropical forests, combat climate change, conserve biodiversity, and facilitate sustainable development for non commercial uses.
In support of NICFI's mission, one can use this data for a number of projects including, but not limited to:
- Reducing and reversing the loss of tropical forests
- Contributing to combating climate change
- Conserving biodiversity and advancing forest regrowth
- Developing policies for the sustainable development of tropical lands
- Protecting the rights of indigenous peoples and local communities